– BY MICHAEL KNIGHT
The Tournament Of Champions begins on Wednesday and runs until Friday. OKPreps will once again be your home for TOC coverage of the 53rd annual winter break classic. While OKPreps won’t have live broadcasts this season, our other coverage will continue to be the best in the state. In addition to game recaps, we’ll have highlights, interviews and breakdowns throughout the week. At the conclusion of the tournament, we’ll also have a tournament most outstanding player and an All Tournament Team. Here’s your one stop shop for all the action from Day 1 at the Tournament Of Champions!
Midwest City 75, Wright City 55
– END OF 1ST QUARTER. Midwest City leads Wright City 22-14. Bombers jumped out to a double digit lead but the Lumberjax chipped away at the lead to close the quarter.
– HALFTIME. Midwest City leads Wright City 38-24. DJ Walter leads all scorers with 13 points for the Bombers after going 3-4 from 3-point range.
– END OF 3RD QUARTER: Midwest City leads Wright City 54-36. Bombers continued to extend their lead after forcing Wright City into several turnovers.
– FINAL. Midwest City defeats Wright City 75-55. DJ Walter leads the Bombers with 23 points, going 5-9 from 3-point range. The Bombers had 32 points off 23 Wright City turnovers. Robert Briley led Wright City with 21 points.
Carl Albert 65, Kingston 57
– END OF 1ST QUARTER. Kingston leads Carl Albert 19-10. Redskins jumped out to a 12-0 lead on the Titans after four straight 3-point baskets. The Titans closed the gap before the end of the period.
– HALFTIME. Carl Albert leads Kingston 33-30. Titans absolutely dominate the later parts of the second quarter as they take a three-point lead into halftime. The dynamic duo of Mason Harrell and Trey Hopkins have all 33 points for the Titans.
– END OF 3RD QUARTER. Carl Albert leads Kingston 49-43. Mason Harrell has a game-high 28 points after scoring 11 points in the third quarter alone. Titans looking to pull away in the final frame.
– FINAL. Carl Albert defeats Kingston 65-57. Titans get outscored 19-10 in the first quarter and then outscore the Redskins 55-38 the rest of the way. Carl Albert’s Mason Harrell leads all scorers with 34 points, Trey Hopkins adds 23 for the Titans. Kingston star forward finishes with 22 points, 14 rebounds and 4 blocks.
Booker T Washington 92, Ringwood 55
– HALFTIME. Booker T Washington leads Ringwood 56-28. The Hornets jumped out 10-0 on Ringwood and it was all downhill from there. The Hornets are rolling. Trey Phipps has 17 and Bryce Thompson has 16 for the Hornets.
– END OF 3RD QUARTER. Booker T Washington leads Ringwood 81-39. The Hornets continue to roll. The starters are more than likely out for the rest of the game after another dominating quarter.
– FINAL. Booker T Washington rolls to an opening round victory. The Hornets scored 40 points off 28 Ringwood turnovers. Leading the way for the HOrnets was Trey Phipps with 25 points. Bryce Thompson chipped in with 21 points.
Memorial 87, Sperry 51
– END OF 1ST QUARTER. Sperry leads Memorial 17-15. Sperry came out shooting red hot from the field to jump out to an early lead. The Chargers started to heat up as the quarter came to an end to make it a one possession game.
– HALFTIME. Memorial leads Sperry 42-26. The Chargers outscore the Pirates 27-9 in the second quarter to take all the momentum, and a commanding lead into the halftime break. Keylan Boone leads all scorers with 15 points for the Chargers.
– END OF 3RD QUARTER. Memorial leads Sperry 69-34. The Chargers extend their lead even more as they went on a 25-0 run at the end of the second quarter and the start of the third quarter. Keylan Boone leads all scorers with 26 points for the Chargers.
– FINAL. Memorial beats Sperry 87-51. They outscore Sperry 54-17 in the second and third quarter to run away with the win. Forward Keylan Boone leads all scorers with 26 points and finishes with 10 rebounds as well.
Seiling 48, Westmoore 46
– END OF 1ST QUARTER. Seiling leads Westmoore 11-7. Macy Gore leads all scorers with 5 points for the Lady Cats.
– HALFTIME. Westmoore leads Seiling 26-24 at the half. OU signee Jessi Murcer leads all scorers with 14 points for the Lady Jaguars. Macy Gore leads Seiling with 9 points.
– END OF 3RD QUARTER. Westmoore leads Seiling 42-35. Jessi Murcer continues to heat up with a game-high 24 points, including a pair of 3-pointers in the quarter.
– FINAL. Seiling defeats Westmoore 48-46. Macy Gore led the Lady Cats with 20 points. Westmoore’s Jessi Murcer led all scorers with 24 points. Seiling outscores Westmoore 13-4 in the final quarter to pull off the win.
Muldrow 49, Tahlequah 30
– END OF 1ST QUARTER. Muldrow leads Tahlequah 16-6. The Lady Bulldogs have jumped out on the Lady Tigers to lead by ten points after the first period. That includes a buzzer beating 3-pointer to end the quarter.
– HALFTIME. Muldrow leads Tahlequah 24-14. The Lady Bulldogs continue to lead the Lady Tigers by ten points. Leading the way for the Lady Bulldogs is Chalynn Mayes, who has 9 points and four rebounds.
– END OF 3RD QUARTER. Muldrow Leads Tahlequah 36-20. Lady Bulldogs extend their lead to 16 as both teams struggled to gain any kind of momentum in the quarter.
– FINAL. Muldrow defeats Tahlequah 49-30. Lady Bulldogs roll from start to finish as the Lady Tigers struggled to get going from the field. While Muldrow shot 50% from the field, Tahlequah shot 24%. Leading the way for Muldrow was super sophomore Taylen Collins, who finished with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
Sand Springs VS Victory Christian
– END OF 1ST QUARTER. Victory Christian leads Sand Springs 10-4. Lady Sandites get only one field goal in the first eight minutes of the game. Ruth Udoumoh has a fast start for Victory.
– HALFTIME. Victory Christian leads Sand Springs 18-15. Both teams struggled from the field in the first half but the Lady Conquerors hold the close edge.
– END OF 3RD QUARTER. Victory Christian leads Sand Springs 29-20. Lady Conquerors extend their lead with a late run to end the period.
– FINAL. Victory Christian defeats Sand Springs 40-27. Lady Conquerors pull off a huge upset over 6A’s #1 team as they run away from Sand Springs in the second half. They outscored the Lady Sandites 22-12 in the second half. Both teams struggled from the field but Sand Springs couldn’t get anything going.
Owasso 59, Holland Hall 41
– END OF 1ST QUARTER. Owasso leads Holland Hall 16-9. Lady Rams are getting back to full strength with the return of some of their starters. They’ve jumped out to the early lead with some pressure on defense.
– HALFTIME. Owasso leads Holland Hall 24-19. The Lady Rams have balanced scoring and are dominating the paint, outscoring Holland Hall 16-4 in the paint. Holland Hall’s Gabby Gregory is leading all scorers with 14 points.
– FINAL. Owasso rolls to a 59-41 win over Holland Hall. The Lady Rams finish with two players in double figures, one player who had nine points and two players who finished with eight points in a very balanced offensive attack. Holland Hall’s Gabby Gregory led all scorers with 31 points.