– BY MICHAEL KNIGHT
The BOK Showcase returns on Saturday with eight games throughout the day at the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa. OKPreps will have wall to wall coverage from the event with game recaps, highlights, pictures, and of course live tweeting throughout each game. Be sure to follow OKPreps on Twitter @OKPrepsTV. Follow all the action from the BOK Showcase and catch all the highlights right here on OKPreps.com!
BOK SHOWCASE SCHEDULE
Union 62, Muskogee 28
– Union had no problems with the 9AM start as they jumped out to an 18-0 first quarter lead after the first period. The Lady Redskins would roll from there as the outcome was never in doubt. Union led 30-10 at halftime, they extended that lead to 25 points after the third quarter. Union had balanced scoring throughout their line-up as they simply could not miss. They shot 56% from the field while Muskogee struggled, shooting 19% from the field. Union sweeps the season series with the Lady Roughers. They beat Muskogee 60-20 back on December 5th.
Victory Christian 68, Edison 43
– The Conquerors bounced back after a tough overtime loss to Rejoice Christian on Friday night with a dominating performance over Edison. Both teams were shorthanded as Edison was missing two starters and the Conquerors were missing one. Victory overcame that and jumped out early and often, outscoring the Eagles in all four quarters in the runaway victory. It wasn’t just one player doing the damage for Victory as they had balanced scoring throughout the roster. Victory takes the season series with Edison. They beat the Eagles 90-87 in an overtime thriller back on December 12th.
Tahlequah 67, Skiatook 53
– Tahlequah had one of the best starts that we’ll see all day as they beat Skiatook 67-53. The Lady Bulldogs scored 30 points in the opening quarter, jumping out to a 30-12 lead after only eight minutes of basketball. From there, the Lady Tigers cruised to the 14-point win that was never in doubt. Tahlequah star senior Delaney Nix was a player to watch coming into this showcase event and she didn’t disappoint. She led the way for Tahlequah with 22 points in the win. The Lady Tigers take the season series with Skiatook. They beat the Lady Bulldogs 57-42 back on December 5th.
Tahlequah Sequoyah 51, Hilldale 45
– In the first close contest of the BOK Showcase, it was Tahlequah Sequoyah pulling away from Hilldale to avoid the upset. The Indians trailed Hilldale throughout the first half as the Hornets came out swinging. The Indians would rally and tie the game up as the two teams headed into the final frame. Sequoyah would pull away from Hilldale late in the final frame to get the win. With the victory, Tahlequah Sequoyah takes the season series with Hilldale. They beat the Hornets 57-48 on the December 12th. They also extend their winning streak to 12 straight games.
Broken Arrow 59, Bishop Kelley 47
– It was a slow start for Broken Arrow but they were able to pull away from the Comets and halt any potential comebacks throughout the second half. Leading the way for Broken Arrow was senior guard Caleb Huffman, who finished with 22 points. Broken Arrow was able to make several runs that put the game away late in the first half and early on in the second half. The Tigers will take bragging rights as this will be the only time that these two teams meet this year.
Booker T Washington 57, East Central 37
– Turnovers plagued East Central and Booker T Washington took full advantage in the rivalry win. The Lady Hornets ran away from the Lady Cardinals and scored a 20-point win. The trend of blowouts and runaway victories continue at the BOK Showcase. The Lady Hornets have swept the season series from East Central. They beat the Lady Cardinals 61-53 on January 30th. This game was much more different as Booker T Washington’s pressure defense forced East Central into multiple turnovers in all four quarters.
Owasso 61, Sand Springs 35
– The Owasso Lady Rams made a statement that they’re a very serious threat to win the 6A gold ball in March. Owasso not only beat, but beat up on Sand Springs in the main event for the girls’ side in the BOK Showcase. Owasso lead 17-0 after one quarter as anything Owasso wanted to do, they did. Nothing went right for Sand Springs and they were put in a hole that would be impossible to climb out of. The Lady Rams get a little revenge after losing to Sand Springs 49-42 back on December 19th. Owasso wasn’t at full strength when they last met. They were on Saturday night and it showed.
Memorial 60, Booker T Washington 51
– Less than a week after these two teams played an overtime thriller, they met again in the final game of the BOK Showcase. Memorial took this meeting and won the season series against the Hornets, 2 games to 1. They avenged the loss to Booker T on Tuesday night with the win. Memorial’s Kalib Boone was an absolute force for the Chargers. He finished with 26 points and 14 rebounds as the Chargers got the win. Memorial will take plenty of momentum into the playoffs. Saturday night’s game was Memorial’s last regular season game.