– BY MICHAEL KNIGHT
The 2017-2018 basketball season has come to an end and it featured fast and exciting action. The 6A-2A state tournament wrapped up on Saturday and we’re recognizing the absolute best performances from the state tournament with our OKPreps All Tournament Teams. For a more in-depth breakdown on the MVP selections, check out our post from earlier today. Up next, here’s the Class 5A All Tournament Team.
Bryce Thompson – Booker T Washington
– The sophomore was lights out from 3-point range in the first two games but was nearly shut out in the title game.
Kalib Boone – Memorial (MVP)
– This year’s tournament MVP averaged a double double and was a force on defense for the champion Chargers.
Keylan Boone – Memorial
– Twin brother Keylan was just as deserving to earn MVP honors as Kalib. Both are two of the best in the state.
Mo Wilson – Northwest Classen
– Helped carry Northwest Classen to a 5A semifinal appearance. Put up 30+ in loss to Booker T Washington.
Seth Hurd – Booker T Washington
– Junior forward Seth Hurd showed why he was considered a potential star as a freshman with a strong state tourney.
Beverlee Caraway – Pryor
– Pryor made their first appearance in the title game in 15 years behind performances like from Beverlee Caraway.
Camryn Fennell – Booker T Washington
– Fennell led a defensive assault on Coweta in the semifinals that forced 30+ turnovers on their way to a title.
Chloe Martin – Pryor
– We’ll remember the name Chloe Martin for a while. Only a sophomore, Martin emerged as one of the state’s best young talents.
Linda Brice – Coweta
– Coweta wasn’t supposed to be in the state tourney, let alone the semifinals. The future is bright behind Linda Brice.
Rhys Anderson – Booker T Washington (MVP)
– This year’s tournament MVP was consistently good all three days. She also hit the game-tying shot to force a championship overtime.